COVERED VESSEL GRIZZLY BEAR TOUR
GRIZZLY BEAR TOUR
Journey to the Orford River Valley aboard a comfortable, high-speed covered vessel where you will be taken on to the traditional territory of the Homalco First Nation via bus to a series of viewing platforms. The Orford River offers some of the best Grizzly Bear viewings on the West Coast and we can guarantee that this tour will be the experience of a lifetime.
The tour begins at the Floathouse with a brief explanation of the wildlife you may encounter, a map of the general area of travel, and safety information.
This tour does include a number of stairs and walking. If you have any concerns about your mobility, please contact us.
We require a minimum age of 12 years old.
On this tour you will enjoy:
- Travelling two hours one way to the Orford River with an opportunity to see a variety of nature and wildlife on the way there and back
- Nature interpretation by your certified Naturalist Guide Captain, and the Homalco First Nations
- 3 hours on land in the beautiful Bute inlet
- Viewing Grizzly Bears catch and feed on spawning salmon on a series of covered, raised platforms
- Observing distances from 60 meteres to as close as 10 metres
- Natural beauty where telephoto lenses and tripods are commonly used but not necessary to get good pictures
- A lunch of fresh made wraps, snacks of homemade baked goods and granola bars, and beverages such as coffee, hot chocolate, tea, and water.
GUARANTEE OF GRIZZLY BEAR SIGHTINGS
Campbell River Whale Watching and Adventure Tours wants you to see Grizzlies.
If you do not see a Grizzly on your tour with us between September 15th and October 7th, then we will take you out again at no charge, on a stand-by basis, until we do see one.
Guarantee available to full fare paying Grizzly Tour clients and is valid for 24 months. Non-transferable.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Full payment is required at the time of booking. Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 48 hours notice of cancellation up to 4 people (7 day notice required for groups larger than 4 people). Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Contact us by phone to cancel or inquire about a cancellation. No-shows will be charged the full price. All trips are subject to fees and taxes.
Grizzly Bear tours have an additional $14 conservation fee which goes towards the Salmon Enhancement Fund for the Homalco First Nations